A four-bedroomed, former farmhouse in a rural location, close to both the sea and moor.
This most attractive residence will surely not remain vacant for long. An early viewing is recommended.
Of traditional granite construction with wet-laid scantle tile roof, it is thought the original house dates to the 1700’s. The generous proportions of the property today were the result of substantial revisions undertaken at the height of prosperity from the adjacent mine in the mid 19th century, when the roof was raised and the front rebuilt.
The property has many character features and much charm, it would benefit from some tender loving care.
Facilities currently include farmhouse kitchen with cooking range and adjacent scullery, bath, bespoke staircase and decoration features some original Victorian wallpaper.
Attached double-story granite annex.
The upper floor consists of one large room open to the eaves, approached by granite steps from the field to the rear. It would make an ideal studio.It could easily be incorporated into the main living accomodation providing a versatile layout able to accommodate a range of different life-style requirements.
There is ample parking for 2/3 horses.The property enjoys a thoroughly rural location with lovely open views across surrounding countryside, taking in antique farm machinary and a disused mine at the bottom of the garden to the front approached by private drive. Further land may be available by separate negotiation. There is no land registry record for this property, as with many properties in wset Cornwall paperwork was considered of little consequence with homes handed down informally through generations.